1. There will be lots of doors of opportunity. The trick is to find the right key to unlock one of them. If you don't put your finger on the key right away, keep looking. Success is 5% inspiration, 95% fumbling with your keyring.
2. When you've succeeded in unlocking a door, proceed with confidence and style, but don't forget to look back and reflect on the effort and focus that brought you to the place you are. It will intensify your enjoyment of accomplishment.
3. Standing on your own two feet takes strength, coordination, and a few falls. And sometimes you even need a little support.
4. Don't expect all of life to be neat. Some of the sweetest things create an absolute mess. Savor the sweetness. Celebrate the mess of it all.
5. When it comes to love, let your expectations be very high.
6. Scramble up to the challenges during rocky times. The enlarged view will amaze you.
7. The Wizard isn't approached by a yellow brick road. The Wizard is inside you.
8. When life gives you trash, turn it into a fashion statement.
9. The journey has many surprising turns. The learning curve is sometimes a hairpin, at other times a deeply relaxing stroll. Sharing it with others makes for rich travels.
10. Don't feel you have to reach for the stars. That will only give you a torn rotator cuff. Remember you are made from the very dust of the stars. You shine. Never shy away from your own radiance.
Bachelor of Science, The University of New Mexico, May 2008
Summa Cum Laude
University of New Mexico Alumni Association Citizenship Award
Graduate with Honors in Psychology
Mortar Board Honor Society
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Who's Who in American Universities and Colleges
Two-time UNM IronChef Champion
Founder, Blue Plate Spectaculars Culinary Club
University of New Mexico Morning Runners
Finisher, P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Half-Marathon
Resident Advisor (two years)
Agora Crisis Center Volunteer (two and one-half years)
University Hospital Emergency Room Volunteer
University of New Mexico Trailblazers
Voices for Planned Parenthood Volunteer
University of New Mexico Community Experience Volunteer
Los Alamos National Laboratory Intern
Research Assistant, UNM Department of Psychology
Research Associate, Mind Research Network