Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feel-Good Friday (on Thursday): A Sleighful of Awards!

(Photo "courtesy of" aka "stolen from" How Stuff Works.)

So shoot me. I'm a slacker. Several have bestowed lavish awards at my feet. And I've just kicked back and basked in their radiance, never acknowledging them, let alone passing them on to worthy recipients. I am going to try to remember which awards came from whom and if I falter, please assume the generous spirit of this season and forgive my forgetful heart--it's in the right place--I just can't remember where I put it.

Sandi of Holding Patterns passed this lovely thing to me on August 29. I had to go to her blog and do a search for awards to find it. There she was, apologizing for being behind in acknowledging her own awards. Thanks, Sandi. That made me feel even better than the award:

Since this is such a shimmering photograph, I will now pass it along to some shimmering photographers:

Anna of A. Bananna (Great shots of the desert and her own photogenic brood.)
Randy of
Santa Fe Daily Photo (You might say I'm rather close to his subject.)
Anna of
My Only Photo (In her own words, "photography spiced with stories, essays, opionions, and snippets of knowledge.)
David of authorblog (Needs no introduction. If by chance, you've been hiding under your mousepad, then climb out and click over to his place. Not just dazzling photos but tips on making them.)
Hilary of
The Smitten Image (Yes, I'm smitten.)
Celine of Indica-in-Q8 (Interpretations in word and image of the mysterious landscape of Kuwait.)
Lori of Skoog Farm Journal (If this one doesn't make you want to move to the country and take up farming and the slow pace, well then, at least slow down long enough to linger in this peaceful space.)
Daryl of Out and About in New York City (If this one doesn't make you want to move to a huge, exciting city and hop on a bus, then at least hop over here and take Daryl's tour.)

Then along came Spark of
No More Casual Nonchalance and gifted me with this bit of whimsy. I was contemplating whom I might pass it on to, thinking Fe of Coyote Road would be a great recipient. While I was dragging my feet, Fe up and gave it to me. Thanks, Spark! Thanks, Fe!

I pass the I
HEART Your Blog award to:

Todd of Peace through Pottery. (A blog with lots of heart, plus he's thinking about buying a house in my neighborhood--I HEART that idea!)
Diane of Forks off the Moment. (Diane lives her life with passion and gets us all fired up too.)
Moody of Life in the Land of the Rising Sun (As lived to the hilt by a contemporary American Renaissance man relocated to Japan.)
Bruno of Morning Java with Bruno LoGreco (Generous, inspiring tips from a life coach. Don't miss his series on weathering this daunting economic cycle.)
Maggie May of Nuts in May (The oh-so-identifiable-with ups and downs in the life of a wife, mother, and grandmother.)
Lee of Chrysalis Dreams (Expressions of faith in God, friends, and her own lovely self.)
JS of Influx Transposer (Expressions of faith in God and family, with the occasional rant to the Almighty.)
Cath of Cath's Cradle (A gently tilted look at life.)
Jeanne of Life or Something Like It (A head-on look at life--or something like it.)



Recently Suki of Paint, Poems, and Ponderings posted the lemonade stand to her blog and said it was offered to anyone who felt like making lemonade. I grabbed it. And I pass it on to the following bloggers, who have the extraordinary gift for turning those life lemons into magical elixir. (The secret's in the saucy attitude):

Meg of Becoming Whole
Jo of
Celebration of Life
Whim of
The Babblings of a Whimsical Brainpan
Indi of
The World According to Indigo
Casdok of
Mother of Shrek
Mima of
Mima's Doings
Aims of Big Blue Barn West
Peg of Angel Voices.

And Kim of
Creating Space as well as Suki of Paint, Poems, and Ponderings honored me with this award, which I find rather elegant (and flattering):

The PREMIO DARDOS award is "given for recognition of
cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing." Thank you, Kim! Thank you, Suki! I now pass this award to:

Fe of Coyote Road
Michelle of
House of Lime
Katherine of
Views from Raven's Nest
Paschal of
murat 11
Doris of
Poetic License
Carol of Carol for Peace
Jeff of A Word in Edgewise
David of authorblog
Sandi of
Holding Patterns
Akelamalu of
Everything and Nothing
Spark of No More Casual Nonchalance
The Elementary of
Crumbs from the Corner.

And now an award I am tempted to re-name the In the Nick of Time Award, since it's time-dated:
When Ora Lea at One American Dreamer graciously awarded it to me, she warned me I'd better post it soon. And I believe that was a couple of months ago!

Then, the ever-generous Fe of Coyote Road sent this joyous little butterfly winging its way to me:


Since I keep thinking of fabulous bloggers whom I've left out of this awarding binge, especially the many visual artists who visit so often and are an enormous source of support and encouragement, and since I now have a checkbook to balance, I am going to leave the Butterfly Award up for grabs. It's here for the catching. So grab your butterfly nets and make a comment if you want this one. It's yours. (Don't forget to pass it on.)

82 comments:

Lee said...

Thank you, San! I love the words you used to describe me and my blog. They mean a lot.

You might get a chance to notice that while you were handing out awards on your blog I was telling about Jury Duty on mine. Come read when you have the time.

Hugs!
Lee

murat11 said...

Remember Geritol (20th century patent medicine) in the old daze, how it spelled "Lotireg" backwards? I was feeling somewhat undeserving of my new Dardos award, until I noticed that it spells SODRAD backwards. That made me feel better, because if anyone is a radical sod, c'est moi.

Merci, Mere Noel.

Sandi McBride said...

San, thank you so much...I really appreciate this and will posting (and catching up on awards again) this weekend...glad I made you feel better lol!
Sandi

Lori Skoog said...

San...thank you so much for recognizing my Journal. I love what you said, and thanks for staying tuned. By the way, you deserved all your awards!!! for having such a magical site.
Lori

lime said...

well thank you so much for this one in particular. i like the sound of cultural, ethical, and literary transmission through creative writing. i'm honored.

i'm also at least as far behind as you in passing out awards i have been given.

jsd said...

Thank you san :-) I now have a new thankful for tomorrow item...nothing like feeling good two days in a row.

Bruno LoGreco said...

Thank you, San! Your words make me smile :)

Hilary said...

Aww thanks kindly, San. How sweet of you to think of me. I'll wear it with pride on my sidebar. :)

Andrea and Kim said...

Wow Generous San...these are great! You deserve each and everyone. Believe me, no one wants to shoot you...nope, nope, nope...we love you too much for that!

I believe I will take a grab at that butterfly, if you don't mind. It is very nice.

Thank you for the shout out and the intro to some lovely bloggers, I am sure. It will be great fun exploring.

Now, don't worry too much about that darn checkbook...they can get to be the dickens!

San, thanks for being you!

Peg Jones said...

Thank you San for your award... MY first blog award ever.... I love the butterfly award and lemonade is my favourite.....


Peg

Meg Wolff said...

Wow, the lemonade award! Can I make that a sugarless version? Thank you San. How about a tall cold glass (we can pretend that we are in the tropics)? Or ... here in Maine we are having a major ice storm. Grab a glass and come outside, and bring the lemons!!

CoyoteFe said...

You are a big-hearted woman! Thank you for being, and doing, and all the nice points in between!

david mcmahon said...

Ahem, I'd like to thank the Academy .....

Seriosuly, San, thank you so much for that extraordinary recommendation.

You are hereby appointed PR Director of Authorblog Enterprises.

Humbly, though, my sincerest thanks.

Many familiar faces there - but so many new writers to discover. Wonderful ....

Maggie May said...

Many thanks, San......... a great compliment for me to receive one from you!

RiverPoet said...

San, how wonderful that I got a brand new award from you! I always love getting a little bling for my blog!

I'm honored to be in such great company.

Peace - D

Carol said...

Wow! San, you are the major multi-award-winning blogger! And you're deserving of them all.

Sometimes, it's good just to kick bask and bask in radiance for awhile, so I'm glad you took the time for that.

Thank you for bestowing a very honorable award upon my blog.

It looks like I have some good blogs to be checking out.

Sabi Sunshine said...

Hi San,

Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my sisters Blog. Angel Life is a gift from God. I really appreciate. I love your blog, I was reading it and has very nice writings in it.

God Bless you.
Take Care

Casdok said...

I love the insight to Santas sleigh!
And congrats on all your awards and thank you so much for thinking of me :)

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

San, thanks for much for this award!

Was the blog you sought
http://ora-lea.blogspot.com/ by any chance? Hope so!

Daryl said...

WOW .. what excellent company to be in .. I thank you for honoring me in this way .. you know how I feel about you and your blog and your amazing talents ... and that I just think you'd be a lot of fun to hang out with .. so thank you .. and you deserved all these and more ...

:-Daryl

Akelamalu said...

Well this is the best AWARDS night ever! :)

Congratulations on all the well deserved awards and thankyou so much for passing one on to me. x

myonlyphoto said...

Talking about being slacker, I am even bigger slacker, lol, but I got excuse....You are so precious San, thank you so much, I will ensure to pass it on....Anna :)

Jeff B said...

I absolutely roared. The first time I read the name "PREMIO DARDOS", I mistakenly read "Prema Donna".

After scooping myself up off the ground, I can now Humbly say thank you!

Todd said...

Oh SAN!! Thanks so much!! I've been slacking a bit on my blog, not to mention my pottery!! I did get a firing done recently and hope to finish them up this weekend. I've been giving concerts this month at my schools. I love your blog, too and perhaps someday we'll live in the same neighborhood! You're the best!!
Peace & Hugs!!
Todd

Cath said...

Wow San what a sleigh full of awards! And so well deserved. Truly they are. I am also very slow in giving thanks so please accept my thanks here and now!

There are some really pretty awards there but I am so pleased to take the one you awarded me, as I don't have it on this blog so I am really glad to get it. Thank you.

San said...

Lee, I'm glad you're pleased. Now to read about jury duty...

San said...

Paschal, I do remember Geritol and have even wondered what happened to it. I might be a prime candidate for it these days, frontwards or backwards.

Feliz Navidad, you radical sod.

San said...

Yes, Sandi, like misery, procrastination loves company.

San said...

Lori, I like that turn of phrase--"magical site." It's my turn to thank you.

San said...

Michelle, it's all about the cultural, ethical, and literary transmission. That and the eggnog.

San said...

JS--unless it's feeling good THREE days in a row. To tomorrow!

San said...

And Bruno, you make me smile.

San said...

Hilary, I look forward to seeing it on your sidebar, alongside all of those smitten images.

San said...

Kim, I'm glad you're taking the butterfly. You are one of the prime candidates I meant to send it flying to. Before the checkbook won. I have to keep up the semblance of responsibility anyway.

San said...

Peg, I do think it's a sweet award and it really suits you.

San said...

Meg, you can make any version you want. It is bound to be smooth! Even in an ice storm. Especially in an ice storm. I like ice in my lemonade.

San said...

Fe, thank you for expressing that so generously. All the points in between--that's a lot of points.

San said...

David, thank you for the job. Now let's talk compensation...

:->

San said...

Maggie May, you are most deserving.

San said...

Doris, your blog bling alliterates. Nice poetic license.

San said...

Carol, I appreciate your support of my kicked-back basking. I needed that.

San said...

Sabi, many of us are crying with your Angel I believe.

I hope you will visit my blog again. Thank you much for your kind words.

San said...

Casdok, isn't that a cool picture? I'm glad you noticed it.

And I wish you and C nice holidays...

San said...

The Elementary--mystery solved!

You have made my day. And I have made my way to Ora Lea's blog. Thank you.

San said...

Daryl, I would LOVE to hang out with you. Next time I'm in NYC...

San said...

Akelamalu, it's been a while since I've hosted awards night. It was fun.

San said...

Anna, no one with a baby is a slacker. You are right. You have an excuse. The most adorable excuse in the world.

San said...

And now I'm roaring, Jeff. You and your PREMA DONNA. And I thought my eyes were wonky.

San said...

Todd, yes, December is a busy month for music teachers. Now I'm getting nostalgic for those days when Bennie and I went to those winter concerts at school.

Happy Holidays, friend!

San said...

Cath, I love your new blog and look forward to seeing the award there. It'll look great!

Jeanne said...

Thanks so much San! And congratulations on receiving all these wonderful awards yourself. You're certainly deserving sweet lady! Now I'm off to visit these other fine people.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Oh San, How did you know I was wanting this one? I'm grabbing the Butterfly award with a smile and a hug!! Thanks for thinking of me...I always enjoy your supportive, straight forward comments. With much appreciation,
Mary Ann

A.Bananna said...

Thank you san!! I will post these soon!!

murat11 said...

San, the Lotireg joke was a spoof of the old Serutan (spells "Natures" backwards) that my cousin and I came up with years ago.

Gotta love those patent medicines.

Sparkling Red said...

You just officially gave me my first Christmas present of the year. Thanks, SANta! ;-)

Congratulations on all your shiny loot. Enjoy!

Celebration of Life said...

Thanks for the lemonade award, San!
Through my "lemonade" journey, I have met you and we have become friends. Sweet!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Jo

San said...

Jeanne, you're quite welcome! And I love the new profile pic.

San said...

Mary Ann, the butterfly has your name on it! I don't even think you need a net to snag it. It's a destiny thing.

San said...

Anna, I can't wait to see them on your blog!

San said...

Thanks for the reminder, Paschal. These days Serutan has morphed into Metamucil, which actually sounds a lot nicer spelled in a mirror. Licumatem--that way it sounds like it carries an endorsement from a Roman god.

San said...

Spark, I'm honored to have that designation.

Merry Christmas to you!

San said...

Yours is indeed a sweet journey, Jo, and I'm happy to be a traveling companion.

Love and Christmas cheer...

Lynette said...

San, all of your awards are wonderful and you deserve each and every one of them!! Ha, so that's how Santa fits so many toys in his sleigh, I see he's ugraded his equipment to high-tech. :p

Lynette said...

San I would love to net that butterfly award, it's so pretty. Thank you for sharing this one! I can put it up for others to net in my next posting.

San said...

Lynette, I wanted you to have the butterfly. I'm glad you're taking it.

Thanks for being so kind. As always.

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Thanks so much for thinking of me! :)

Bruno LoGreco said...

San, I posted a little challenge over at Morning Java. I thought you might be interested in the little challenge because you are an entrepreneur. :)

Dianne said...

an abundance of riches!!

and all are deserved -

thank you for mentioning me and my passion ;)
I'm doing my best to keep to keep the fire going

~Babs said...

Hi San,
I too have been a huge award slacker, but will grab this flutterby one & stash it to add to my stash. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Santa's got a brand new sleigh. Cool.

It's a blizzard of awards. Thanks San.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Thank you very much! I'm seriously flattered!

But really...what a list! Your blog seems like a major hub, or at least a nexus point in the blogosphere!

Thanks again!

Heather said...

You deserve all good things San, you are such a wonderful support to those of us out here that are struggling to "make it". I just wanted to stop by and say Hello, and to wish you and yours the Best of the New Year. Love!!

San said...

Indi, you are welcome!

San said...

Bruno, this sounds intriguing...

San said...

Dianne, you are one successful stoker.

;-o

San said...

Babs, the flutterby one really suits you. To the stash!

San said...

Dar, yes, I was glad to see the mystery solved regarding that bottomless bag of gifts.

San said...

Moody, I'm glad you're "seriously flattered."

I don't know if this is a hub or a nexus point, maybe just a rough-around-the-edges bar and grill.

San said...

Love to you too, Heather! And I hope you enjoy the holidays with your family...

whimsical brainpan said...

Thank you San!

indicaspecies said...

Dear San,

Just about back from another trip and what a surprise this is!

Thank you very much for the Award bestowed on me, and the beautiful words you have used to describe my new blog. Truly appreciated. :)

Hugs.
- celine
http://indicainq8.wordpress.com

Jo Beaufoix said...

Yay congrats on all the awards hon. You deserve them. And Santa's sleigh is looking very cool. :D